Thursday, September 30, 2010

Carried Away- A Journey Completed

I just reached the end of one of the most enlightening, exciting, inspiring and poignant journeys of my life; The complete six seasons of Sex and The City. For weeks and weeks I've laughed, cried and learned with Carrie Bradshaw and her friends.

I'm so grateful I didn't let the title put me off; I would have missed out on an indescribably magnificent experience, one that nothing and no one can touch or take away from me.

I'm a better human being, a better writer, a better PR practitioner, a better woman and a better lover for having seen the world through your eyes, Carrie Bradshaw.

And I'm a better Christian. Fabulous, intelligent and inspiring as you were, you didn't have a relationship with God, didn't ever feel the everlasting arms beneath you, didn't know the joy of pouring out your heart in prayer, the confidence that comes from knowing that Someone is watching over you and that you're part of a big, beautiful, divine plan. I have all of these, and I see more clearly than ever how blessed I am to know Jesus. What excuse have I now?

I pray God gives me the grace to not make your unwise choices, and to embrace your wise ones. The same goes for you Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, because in the end it all comes down to one simple truth; there, but for the grace of God, go I.

No comments:

Post a Comment