Friday, October 8, 2010

What If His People Prayed?

Oh what peace we often forfeit! Oh what needless pain we bear! All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Somewhere in the far recesses of my mind, I remember wonderful experiences of prayers answered. I'm not just talking about God's abounding love and mercy, or His protection and the blessings He freely gives. I'm talking about times when ordinary people like me, my family and my friends connected with the divine and received direct responses to the outpouring of our hearts; salvation for loved ones, provision of physical needs, wisdom, guidance, direction, healing, favour with people, and even the disappearance of pimples!

God reached down when we cried out to Him and calmed troubled spirits, opened closed doors, met needs and said "this is the way, walk in it."

When I fail to pray, I notice that I make myself weak and susceptible to depression and negative thought patterns. Fear comes as it always does, but at these times it finds a place to stay and grow. I start to lose consciousness of God's intense love and perfect plan for me, not to mention suffering actual lack or living in less-than-perfect conditions. Also I must add, from experience I've found that it is impossible, and I mean impossible, for a prayerless Christian to be a fruit-bearing Christian.

Once again I will prime the pump of my prayer life. While I agree that we need to find out why we slow down in our prayers or stop altogether, and how we can build ourselves up again, I enjoin us to do something that always works- JUST PRAY. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment